The Ecology of the Human Person
18 September - 14 November
A series of three days looking at the fundamental theme of the human person as a unity of body and soul, and the implications of this in our Catholic understanding of living out sexuality as part of our vocation.
Each day will offer talks and discussion, to provide ongoing theological formation and help in pastoral ministry, focusing on contemporary issues.
The content will be delivered with marriage preparation, confirmation and RCIA catechesis, and school chaplaincy in mind.
Day 1, Human Personhood: Theological Anthropology)
- What is the contemporary understanding of personhood?
- What does personhood have to do with evangelising?
- How is the Church’s holistic vision of the person of help to individuals?
Day 2, Sexuality & Gender: Male & Female
- How should we understand current approaches to gender?
- What does a healthy, integrated sexuality look like?
- What constitutes a Catholic approach to understanding sexuality and gender?
Day 3, Living Sexuality: Vocation and Mission
- How does the Church embrace human sexuality?
- What are the roles of mMarriage, celibacy, single and religious life in the Church today?
- How can the importance of the baptismal vocation be recovered as an antidote to a “crisis” mentality?
Booking for one day costs £45. Book all three days at the reduced cost of £120.
Arrivals at 10am. Departures from 4:45pm. Option of concelebrating Mass at 5pm.
Buffet lunch is included.
Bed and breakfast accommodation is offered to participating clergy at the reduced rate of £35 per night, for either/both the preceeding and following nights. Please indicate which, if any, nights you would like accommodation for when booking below.